How to 360 on Skis

First Impression: Commencal Clash Origin

I recently got a new bike: the Commencal Clash Origin. This bike comes with great components for the price point, and the color (heritage green) looks great too!


Image from Commencal



Assembly

The bike arrived in perfect condition with FedEx. Since Commencal is a direct-consumer brand, meaning there are no stores, I ordered the bike online. My only complaint is the $180 shipping fee. However, the bike arrived packaged nicely in a large box. When I opened it, the bike came with the fork, dropper, drivetrail, and rear wheel on. All I had to do was attach the handlebars and front wheel. I had no issues with the bike or the assembly, and the instructions and videos on the Commencal website were very clear. 

Suspension

This bike comes with a RockShox Select+ shock in the back and a burly Domain fork in front. This bike has 170mm of travel in the rear and 180mm in the front, making it between the Enduro and downhill bike categories. However, the bike is light enough (34 lbs) that you can still pedal uphill. Right away I could tell the fork is very sturdy and can handle big hits. The suspension feels great and I've had no issues with it. 

Drivetrain

The drivetrain arrived already attached to the frame, making it very easy to assemble and ride. The Sram SLX eagle shifts smoothly with only minor adjustments needed. 

Brakes

The bike comes with Guide T brakes with 6 bolt rotors. I was immediately impressed with the stopping power and the strength these brakes have. They were easy to adjust and required minimal set-up upon arrival. 

Final Thoughts

I love this bike, and for the price point, it's one of the best value bikes on the market. The suspension makes it feel like you're riding a downhill bike, but it's still light enough (barely over 30 lbs) to ride uphill. 

Comments